The first step in mold cleanup is to control the moisture problem. The source of the moisture must be identified and remedied.
Porous materials where mold growth is prevalent should be removed (e.g., drywall, carpet, wallpaper and ceiling tiles).
All wet materials should be thoroughly dried. If this is not possible, they should be removed.
Mold that grows on hard surfaces (e.g., wood or concrete) can be cleaned. Small surfaces can be wiped with a cloth soaked in liquid detergent. The use of rubber gloves and a dust mask is recommended for tasks other than routine cleaning. If the mold problem is extensive or if you are very sensitive to mold, you should seek the help of a mold professional.
In areas where it is not possible to remove the source of moisture, a 10% bleach solution can be used to control mold growth. Bleach is not necessary in areas that can be kept dry, as mold cannot grow in the absence of moisture. When using bleach, make sure there is enough fresh air as bleach can cause eye, nose or throat irritation.
Continue to monitor the area for new mold growth and signs of moisture. This may indicate the need for additional repairs or removal of materials.